Non Solo Maldive - Forum viaggi

Canareef Resort (EX Herathera Resort ex Amari Addu ed ex Resort Handhufushi)

« Older   Newer »
Andyman
view post Posted on 31/12/2007, 08:45 by: Andyman

una testimonianza in diretta da Herathera tratta dalforumdell'Hotel

CITAZIONE
we arrived here on 22nd Dec. One of the first. We only had one weeks notice to cancel or make other arrangements so had no other choice. Would recommend anyone due to come here over the next few weeks or even months to try to go elsewhere. We will be suing the pants off Hays & Jarvis upon our return. This place will not be finished for another year in my opinion. Half of the island is closed. There is only one restaurant, one pool and 2 bars open. The island smells like raw sewage. The beach is dirty on the lagoon side and very rocky on the other. All the beach villas are unfinished so the people who booked these have been upgraded to Jacuzzi villas together with their young kids. No gym, no tennis court, spa treatments done in 3 adjacent villas. We had no water for two hours yesterday. I could go on for hours....The only positive things are that the locals are very friendly and helpful and that we have wireless broadband hence I'm able to make this post. Stay well away if you can!

Notizie poco consolanti anche in proiezione futura.
Speriamo siano frutto dell'arrabbiatura, sacrosanta, di chi pensava di finire alle Maldive e si trova in un posto non ancora terminato :;spr;: :;spr;: :;spr;:

Un altro parere un po' meno negativo che assomma pregi e difetti

CITAZIONE
The Good:
The rooms are amazing!! Very well appointed, well cleaned and well looked after. Lots of space and the facilities are good - especially the Jacuzzi
The Service - Room boy is excellent, very attentive. As are all the staff, especially the waiters.
General island condition - no where near as bad as it could have been. See below for the other side of this
Food - Great. Good selection, so far rotated well.
Snorkelling - Some stuff to be seen close to the shore, but twice daily trips are run and included in the AI package.
Shop is open but has a limited stock range.
No cash needed - you sign for EVERYTHING so there is no need to take cash with you - even for the shop.

The Bad:
North part of island (reception north) is closed currently. This should be open tomorrow. We wait and see!
Lack of facilities. Only one pool, one restauratn and the adjoining two bars are open. This also should change tomorrow when the Dhoni bar opens we hope.
Families in JBV - As no BV are currently open, everyone booked into these has had an upgrade, which means that those of uis who booked a JBV to be away from families have suffered a little. We have been told that familes will be moved when the other part of the island opens.
Buggy service. Buggies run from reception to the south. However, there aer only a few of these and they are hard to catch at busy times - i.e. when excursions are running, and it is a three kilometer walk from our villa to reception!!
Sales and marketing guy - what a plonker! We ran into one of these while he was having a tour of the island. Referred to the buggy service as being abused by (and i quote) 'Lazy' guests!!! This is the guy who has decided by the way not to respond to anything on the forum which is why we haven't had any feedback from the resort - what a brilliant idea that was!!!!!!!! He is waiting instead for all the 'positive feedback from guests'.
Signing - we are being asked to sign for EVERYTHING - even stuff which is included in the AI package. This is getting a bit irritating.
Snorkelling - pretty limited close to the shore.

The Ugly
Lascaping - although not as bad as I'd feared, still an AWFUL lot of work to do. There are lots of villas still not complete, and while I am typing this I can hear drilling in the background. Don't be alarmed by this, we have not heard anything other than this to date.
Smells - Smell of sewage by room 391. This does seem s a little better today, but this seems to be the intersection for the islands draingage system. Also at sundown the dredging work hads caused some slight smell but not too bad.

Overall:
We are having a good time generally. The weather is hot but sometimes a little overcast. There is a very welcome breeze blowing all the time. Sunburnt on only our second day!
I am not letting the negatives spoil the holiday. She Who Must Be Obeyed still needs a bit more convincing, but I reckon overall we will still have a great holiday.
Not tried the Spa yet (which is open but operating out of three villas), but are booked in for the Honeymoon treatments on Sunday.
We are in Room 408 right at the south of the island. A great spot - very quiet.

Will be in touch soon - off fishing!!

266 replies since 13/5/2007, 12:08   25703 views